Western Australia’s Hidden Treasure
15th April 2019
Are you looking for some holiday inspiration during your time in Western Australia? Roughly four and a half hours drive from Perth lies Albany. The small port city is a beautiful getaway with a Mediterranean climate and fantastic beaches. Stay with us at ibis Styles Albany, centrally located in the South Western Australia city of Albany.
The main draw card for Albany? The city is literally located on the ocean’s edge providing tourists with stunning views in every direction and beautiful beaches. It is hard not to fall in love with a city where the view down the main street is straight out into the deep blue waters of the harbour.
Full of interesting things to do and see, don’t underestimate this coastal city. Here are some of our favourites:
- Head to the Albany Farmers Market on a Saturday morning
- Spend the day at Middleton Beach and Ellen Cove
- Sample Oysters near Emu Point
- Take a drive to Two Peoples Bay Nature Reserve
- Explore Torndirrup National Park
Wanting another reason to visit? The Great Southern region of Western Australia represents one of the most exciting and divers food and wine regions you could imagine! Our recommendations are:
- Gourmandise & Co for French food cooked to perfection.
- Garrison located opposite the National Anzac Centre, showcasing local produce and rustic food.
- Emu Point Café providing beautiful views of the ocean and showcasing delicious food and great coffee.
- Angus & Co. Albany, the newest restaurant to come to Albany, providing your steakhouse favourites from quality steaks, ribs and seafood to burgers and American-style desserts.
Stay at ibis Styles Albany, centrally located and close to all the Great Southern regions tourist attractions and landmarks. Book Now!