Places to drink in Adelaide
5th May 2016
Whether you’re looking for a glass of wine or a classic cocktail, there’s all sorts of places to drink in Adelaide. From themed decor to rooftop views, there’s something to meet everyone’s tastes.
Here are our top picks for places to drink in Adelaide.
- Hennessy – Adelaide’s newest and sexiest rooftop bar is now open and is leading the way with city chic and elegance. Located at the newest five-star boutique hotel in Adelaide, the Mayfair Hotel offers luxury accommodation and contemporary dining. The Hennessy rooftop space offers an intimate cocktail bar, and a stylish interior space complete with chandelier which leads out to an open-air deck and balcony with stunning views of Adelaide. Come here for well-made cocktails, interesting Australian wines and expensive French champagne. For those with a taste for the finer things in life, Hennessy will be your new go to as one of the top places to drink in Adelaide.
- Hains & Co – This nautically themed establishment pays due respect to both artisan spirits and boutique wines from around the world. The theme is executed perfectly, from port holes to the old jetty used as a bar top, you will genuinely feel like you’re on a boat.
- Botanic Bar – Located in the city’s heart, the Botanic Bar exudes a warm and inviting atmosphere and is perfect for casual drinks after work. The Botanic Bar is serving up some delicious cockails and only stocks local beers. There is plenty of outside seating under the vines and lanterns for those who love to ‘people watch’ also.
- Clever Little Tailor – This stylish Francophile bar on Peel Street’s moodily lit space is skewed towards estate-grown wines and robust cocktails, it also serves craft beer, artisan ciders and tasty share plates.
- 2KW Bar and Restaurant – For a high-end experience atop a historic building, you’ll find it 8 floors above the corner of King William Street and North Terrace. 2KW offers both an indoor and outdoor bar, an open kitchen and a handful of private cabanas. The extensive drinks list includes a wide choice of wine, beer and cocktails.
- Proof Laneway Rooms – Proof is hidden down a tiny laneway leading off of Waymouth street. Proof features an extensive wine list, with an old-school glamour vibe with a modern twist. This is definitely a place for all of the Espresso Martini lovers to visit.
- Bank Street Social – Located on the corner of Bank Street and Hindley Street, this sauve underground bar showcases a range of local craft beer and cider, premium spirits and boutique SA wines. Bank Street Social brings you the latest new releases to their taps and wine lists every month. This is definitely one of the top places to drink in Adelaide, check it out on a Friday and Saturday night out.
- Mothervine – Always wanted to know more about wine? Then head on over to this sophisticated wine bar in the city’s East End. The 350-strong wine list covers everything from robust Barossa Shiraz to delicate Italian varietals. Each week the bar showcases a small, regional winery on its blackboard.
- The Collins Bar – Located at the heart of the CBD overlooking Victoria Square, this elegant bar occupies the ground floor of the Hilton Hotel. The Collins Bar specialises in classic and unique cocktails in a relaxed atomosphere.
- Howling Owl – Located just off of Rundle Street, the Howling Owl was first launched as a specialist gin bar. It has since transformed into a shabby chic coffee shop and cocktail den. Apart from its array of artisan gins, the bohemian bar also serves small batch wines, craft beer and artisan ciders. Their cocktail list is equally eccentric, try the extra strong Negroni the next time you visit.
If you’re ever looking for places to drink in Adelaide for the evening, check out one of these fantastic bars for a night to remember.